Saturday, October 13, 2018

#1 Himalayan Grill

Our first gallivant set the stage for the rest of them.  Chuck had cut out advertisements for various restaurants and had his coupon books with him.  However, we ended up just driving until we came to a place that was new for us and that seemed to entice us. 

What that means is - no planning ahead - just drive and see what lures us.  We ended up in Stonebridge Plaza in Gahanna and landed at the Himalayan Grill.  It is beside Cap City Diner which we have been to several times and we had never ever considered going here.

It turned out it was a delightful experience.  We came at noon and were at first the only patrons.  Later more people did come in.  I thought I would like to get something off the menu but the lunch buffet was a real bargain and offered an opportunity to try lots of different and new dishes for us, so that's what we did.

Here is how the menu and the website describe the food:  "Himalayan Grill brings the distinctive tastes  from the foothills of the Himalayas to the Buckeye state.  Our menu marries fresh vegetables and meats with the exotic spices of the Himalayas.  Featuring dishes from the banks of the Indian Ocean to the peaks of the Himalayas we focus on bringing you the Indian, Nepali and Tibetan cuisines we love."

So.... the food was very different for me.  Spicy and sweet with curry and just a variety of flavors.
I wish I could name everything we had but I can't.  Chicken choila, samosa chaat, chickpeas, rice. was some of it.  For dessert I had "Golab jamun" which looked like a purple ball with honey in it.
At one point both Chuck and I had runny noses from the heat of something we ate.  I found myself eating slowly and savoring these very different flavors.






The ambiance of the restaurant was very pleasant.  We appreciated that there was no music in the background and so it was quiet.  The staff was really friendly.

When it was all said and done it was the perfect beginning to our "Gallivant" adventure.  A new place, new flavors, new foods!  Now, the question......will we go back?  I probably will not but Chuck enjoys different foods than I do.  He talked about who he would like to bring here  (like Dawn Blevins)  - but not ME!

No comments:

Post a Comment